V Pro discussion

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 19:51:05 -0500 (CDT)

>I still have to wonder if the composition contributes in a significant
amount. On
>the surface of it, it seems likely enough. But this is beyond me, no doubt.

Easily enough verified. Just procure four, or more, of each model of Yamaha
and replace the V-Pro plates of half of each (the bigger the sampling, the
more definite the results) with traditional sand cast plates and listen
carefully to the results. For a mere quarter of a million dollars or so, you
could (maybe) lay the matter to rest. You could be the first, and the
industry would be (figuratively) in your debt.

We eagerly await the results.

 Ron N