Steinway underlever spring tension

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:58:01 -0400

Lance,

I try to get the bass in the high 20's and taper the tension to just heavier
than the ones continuing without springs in the treble.

The tabs are an improvement because the older rigid tabs would thump when
raised while the sostenuto was disengaged. This could be felt in the fingers.
The spring-loaded tabs make for a smoother transition.

Regards,

Jon Page