V Pro discussion

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:49:13 +0200

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> >In a message dated 8/19/1999 11:00:30 AM, richardb@c2i.net writes:
> >
> ><< some tech
> >say the ability of a piano to carry the sound over distance is partially
> >determined by the plates acoustic properties. >>
> >
> >Richard this may be so ???.............. but I would venture to say it has
> >more to do with the "select hardwood" rims on these thingees :-)
> >Jim Bryant (FL)
>
> Me too, and incidentally, you could, and probably will eventually, find some
> tech somewhere that has said or will say almost anything you can imagine.
> You just have to pick the maybe remembered quote that makes your point. I'm
> a tech, and I just said that, but, somehow, I don't really expect to be
> quoted. Then again, didn't someone else say something like this once? Maybe
> there's something to it then.
>
>  Ron N

Grin... Ok.. so let me see if I got this straight.  You fellows are telling me
that the plate has little or nothing to say about the projection or general
colour of the sound of the instrument ?? Or are you telling me that what
influence it has is far outweighed by other factors ?

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.T.P.F.
Bergen, Norway