stability question

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:39:44 EDT

pianobuilders@olynet.com writes:

<< > .... As much as I hate to say it, the only other alternative is an
 electronic
 > keyboard. There are not too many reasons to have one of these things, but
 > this is a situation where it might be better than an acoustic piano.
 >
 > Willem Blees

 Please.  By definition the piano is an acoustic instrument.  Call the others
 what you will -- they are not pianos.  There is only one piano.  That is an
 instrument that works by mechanical energy.  You sit down in front of it and
 press down on the keys.  The effort of your fingers makes it produce sound.
 You don't have to plug it in first.  Or put in batteries.  Or wind it up.
 Or whatever.  You just play it.

 Del

I totally agree with you, Del. As you noticed, I didn't call it an electronic
piano. I refereed to it as electric keyboard.

Unfortunately, because of the market, I am being forced into carrying these
things. Customer ask for them. If I don't carry them, they'll go somewhere
else. I have made an agreement with a piano teacher to have these available
for his students, in the hopes that they will outgrow it in a year, and buy
or rent a piano from me.

I have been reluctant, mainly because I don't know how to repair them, much
less how to make it play all the games it has. But I guess I'll have to learn
something about them.

Wim