Surprise!

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 20:12:35 -0500 (CDT)

>You have been asleep for years and years and years.  I think it has been on
>there for at least five years or more.  So has the new music desks that will
>lean back so that you can write music at a comfortable angle.  They also
>introduced the new trend in "slow close" fallboards.  What a great feature to
>see on pianos these days.  Now some of Yamaha's uprights have "slow close" as
>well.

Yep, I am acquainted with the music desks, including the most recent, super
flimsy feeling incarnation, and the slow fall fallboard (wonderful!). I have
so little reason to be mucking about in new Yahaha actions for any length of
time, that I just hadn't noticed the laminated shanks before.

Let's see, that would be three legs, right?

 Ron N