new RPT

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 20:51:52 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/99 4:59:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time, you write:

<< Thanks for your encouragement. >>

I forgot to tell you that you will learn more about tuning than you could
anywhere else for free if you attend seminars and conventions and volunteer
to be on the RPT Tuning Exam committee.  If you passed the Exam with all
scores above 90, they probably already tried to get you to sign a form saying
you wil "Consent to Serve".

However, you only need to be an RPT and you never have to actually be
certified as a CTE to participate fully in this process.  Once you
participate in the setting up of a "Master Tuning"  (which Kent Swafford
wishes were called "Reference Tuning" and I agree), you will really see how
monumental a task it is to perfectly equalize the scale of a piano from one
end to the other.

This and the Aural Verification of the Examinee's scored errors will teach
you the ins and outs of tuning in a way that no other process can.  You will
become a true master of the art by simply donating your time.  When and if
you feel ready to do so, you will be allowed to take the Exam again for free
so that you can qualify as an Examiner Trainee.

Go for it.

Bill Bremmer RPT