Plate finish

Wed, 18 Aug 1999 17:51:53 -0400

Dave -

More than 15 years ago, before I got spray equipment, I used to paint
plates based more on the gold color I could find in a spray can than the
type of finish. Compared to most "furniture" that would require a
protective coating, a piano plate is really not subject to very much
abuse.  I used a gold enamel on many plates back then and still service
most of them today - they still look great and don't show an obvious
tendency to chip.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com