Samick G5 7'

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:22:44 -0600

Greeting list,
                    I would like to share a pleasant suprise.
We have just installed a set of Abel (Renner type) shanks and a set of Abel
17lb Mahog molding hammers to the above piano.
The touch weight was right on the money at 53grs bass to 50grs in the treble.
The tone was suprisingly good and needed very little voicing.
The instrument so say had Renner parts to start with, but I would question
the shanks since they were make of maple.
The overall results on this piano was excellent, side by side with a new
YamahaC3 and Baldwin L the playability and tone held it's own.
Hope this may be of use to some one.
Regards Roger
Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre