V Pro discussion

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 21:00:40 EDT

In a message dated 8/17/1999 8:47:23 PM, A440A@AOL.COM writes:

<< In
non-technical terms, it is more like a "boing" and can last two seconds or
so.
    I have isolated it several times in the long bass struts on the Yamaha's.
 The last time was a older CF, When did the V-pro process begin?. >>

Ed;
 Shucks guy that's "technical enough for me :-) yep thats what I consider
"plate ring" and in as many venues as you operate in that use miked
instruments I can see where it might be a problem. I think that Ron's
suggestion of a plate strut might change the mass characterics enough to at
least quieten it down, if not eliminate it.  There was a recording studio
here years ago that had an old M&H with quite a pronounced "plate ring"
especially showed up in the recording process...we cured that problem by
putting a 'huge' old bass speaker magnet on the offending strut...it worked
but it was the sound engineers idea not mine :-)

 As for the "CF" they have 'sand cast plates' and have never had a v-pro
plate if I'm not mistaken.
Jim Bryant (FL)