V Pro discussion

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:20:54 EDT

 Jim asks:
>Now then, is the metallic sound only in the competitions pianos and not
>their
>own?

 Greetings,
     There are several studios here in Nashville that had to get change their
C7's because of "plate ring".  Once the producers hear it, it becomes a
constant annoyance and the piano goes!   They just got  other C7's to replace
the ones didn't work out, so it is not a problem with all of them. I am
sometimes tempted to alter the nose bolts to see if a little flex might
change it, but since these are relatively new pianos, I haven't seen any
percentage in doing that it, yet.
    I have not noticed this with any other brands, but that isn't to say that
there aren't problems with other.
Regards,
Ed Foote