Piano Technician Position

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 00:06:04 -0600

>>Do you really think the university is willing to take someone who will
>>learn on the job experimenting with their pianos?
>
>I'm afraid that's done far too often...
>
> Ron N

Some universities might not openly admit to such practices, but many are
willing to do lots of things on the edge other than grounded fundamental
activities, especially experimental things.  Ever heard of research,
development, grants, etc?

And why not.  Someone, somewhere has to try and break new ground, and what
better place than some educational facilities where that very thing is
encouraged.

Having grown up in and around universities since 5 years old, having had
the opportunity to live less than a block for well over 12 years from a
university, having worked at a university in part for well over 26 years, I
can attest to plenty of experimentation, both on and off the campus, both
in many others and in myself.

God Bless the opportunities universities provide for growth and
experimentation for those who are willing to take the leap and participate
in such activities!

Keith McGavern
kam544@flash.net
Registered Piano Technician