Piano Technician Position

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 23:22:15 -0500 (CDT)

>Do you really think the university is willing to take someone who will
>learn on the job experimenting with their pianos?

I'm afraid that's done far too often. When the technicians with a high skill
level are already making more money, with fewer political hassles (BIG
factor for some), the only ones left to apply for these jobs might very well
be the newly credentialled, but under experienced. Who are the university
people to know the difference? The applicant might be considerably better
than the preacher/tuner/cousin/blackmailer that preceded him/her, and still
be too inexperienced to handle the job without considerable OJT. I've
followed both, and you probably have too.

 Ron N