analogies

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 11:28:16 -0600

Hi John,
Good ones to ponder.
Pitch raising is like trying to hit a moving target. The flatter it is
like the faster the target is moving.
I use my false beat eliminator that has a bend in it to explain how the
wire will react to the pitch raise. Not wanting to go in a direct line
after the termination point but rather a small curve then to the next
termination point where there is also going to be a small curve. The term
that I use is "pitch stabilization process" which needs to be done to
achieve piano stability.
And especially working here in a farm community they understand the concept
of making a barbed wire gate. Ever try making one? Tightening one wire
changes the stress on the others. A four wire gate is harder to make than a
three wire gate.
Joe Goss