more bearing lubricants

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 22:06:35 -0600

Hi Carmen,
                 Am I understanding you correctly? If so, are you active in
a local chapter of PTG?
I am sure that many on the list would frown on this approach, some changes
in hammer techique could save you a lot of time with your friction problems.
Lubricants have a nasty habit of working down a string and messing up the
dampers.
On newer pianos this practice could void the warranty.
Regards Roger

 I routinely lube the bearings before every tuning on
>every piano.   I do not limit it to just rusty strings, but all pianos.

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre
Saskatoon and Regina
Saskatchewan, Canada.