Not pretending to be something I am not

ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 19:22:28 EDT

Keith and list,

On this list I am a technician first.  I do not solicit business nor did I
try to offer him a good deal privately on products that I offer.  I have
personal opinions that I will share freely as the rest of the group will do.
That does not make me deceptive.  I have serviced Petrofs just like the one
he is looking to purchase and have found them poor.  I found six holes in the
bridge on one that were drilled down in the notch of the bridge and others
that were drilled wrong then plugged and drilled again.  When I called Geneva
Int they refused the repairs on the cracked bass bridge.  I called the local
dealer that sold it and he refused my request of a small $50 fee for this
repair.  The pins are uneven, coils bad, torque all over... I am sorry but
for my money, I would go with the Yamaha.  There are some good brands out
there, I just prefer Yamaha for the kind of money he is wanting to spend.
All others with differing opinions are welcome on this list.

Ed Tomlinson
Piano Technician and Touchstone Awarded Yamaha Sales Professional   =)
(is that what you wished I had said before)?

<< > I have a slight problem with this advice you've given, Ed.  Maybe you can