(no subject)

Elian Degen J. degen@telcel.net.ve
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 17:34:58 -0400

Hello Bud

Do not worrie too much,  I am 100% positive it is not your fault, If any
problem arises, try to have that oxidation analysed.

I have worked with many pianos which have Dampp Chaser installed, never had
any problem.

I have also seen that kind of damage in several pianos, some customers try
to trick you into believing it is not his fault.

My experience with the synptoms you describe have been due to trying to get
rid of woodworm, Some pest companies here in Caracas, have been using a gas
chamber (which they make at customers home) and they use a substance that
ends up woodworm, It turned out that this substance reacts with metal,
Depending on the concentration, damage starts to show in about three weeks
and renders the piano usless in a couple of month.

The substance they use normaly is Methyl Bromate (in spanish Bromuro de
Metilo ) and there is one which commercial name here is FOSCAN, whatch out
if they used any of these or maybe they tried to do a home made job...

What you describe it is not a normal humidity damage.

Further on, when concentration was high enough and the did not use the piano
immediately you will find that dampers stik to the bass strings

My comment