WD40

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Mon, 09 Aug 1999 21:39:33 +1000

G'day Fritz,

I would be very cautious about WD40. I know you went to some lengths to
ensure the tuning pins were unaffected, but the bass string windings can
also be severely affected! I've heard many a dead bass resulting from WD40.

As I've mentioned before on the list, I recommend the use of a drop in pitch
on each string before you pull it up and over pitch. It only takes a little
practice to become comfortable with the quick flick down .... then up as
usual. Don't be too nervous about pulling pianos up to pitch. They are
designed to be there...it's a matter of convincing it (the piano) to be
comfortable at pitch.

If you check the pianotech archives (via the PTG Piano Page) there's quite
alot of discussion on pitch raising that could be helpful to you.

Cheers
Mark Bolsius
Bolsius Piano Services
Canberra Australia