Bass String Scale

Fri, 6 Aug 1999 21:04:52 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Nossaman <nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, August 06, 1999 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: Bass String Scale

> >He will work to a set of measurements instead of a pattern.  Measure from
> >the center of the hitchpin to where you want the wrap to begin and from
the
> >hitchpin to where you want the wrap to end.  (Make sure that he
understands
> >if you have factored in stretch or if he is supposed to allow extra for
it!)
> >He will also wrap to you core diameter and to your inner and outer wrap
> >diameters if you choose to specify them.
> >
> >Del
> >

> He wouldn't for me. Insisted on a pattern, but then he didn't know me, and
> didn't know if he could trust my numbers. Probably a wise move on his
part.

Well, it's a fairly recent thing.  We just did this on one of our last
orders.

> Also, he freaks at any core diameter that's around 55% of breaking
strength.
> He added 0.003 to the high monochords, and modified some of my high
bichords
> on the last set he did for me. I'm still deciding how ticked off I am
about
> it. Probably not severely, because I'll still recommend him.

The best way to solve that little problem is to call him and gently explain
that what he sent is not what you ordered.  Ask him to please wrap what you
ordered and send them UPS overnight -- assuming that you need them that
quickly, we usually do -- and to please not do that again.  It shouldn't
happen twice.

> Very nice hammers too.

Yes, they are.

Del