Bass String Scale

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 19:40:19 -0500 (CDT)

>He will work to a set of measurements instead of a pattern.  Measure from
>the center of the hitchpin to where you want the wrap to begin and from the
>hitchpin to where you want the wrap to end.  (Make sure that he understands
>if you have factored in stretch or if he is supposed to allow extra for it!)
>He will also wrap to you core diameter and to your inner and outer wrap
>diameters if you choose to specify them.
>
>Del

He wouldn't for me. Insisted on a pattern, but then he didn't know me, and
didn't know if he could trust my numbers. Probably a wise move on his part.
Also, he freaks at any core diameter that's around 55% of breaking strength.
He added 0.003 to the high monochords, and modified some of my high bichords
on the last set he did for me. I'm still deciding how ticked off I am about
it. Probably not severely, because I'll still recommend him.

Very nice hammers too.

 Ron N