Stupidly Challenge (Reply)

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 08:20:38 EDT

Greetings,
    Stupidity is more keenly exhibited by those that are no longer beginners.
 Here is mine.
   Several years ago,  I was stringing a new pinblock when I discovered that
one of the holes was not drilled quite all the way through.  I discovered
this when the pin stopped going down about 1/4" from the rest of them.
So.........
   I just hammered it until it did, and then noticed I had delaminated the
bottom of the pinblock.  THIS was  stupidity, and it cost me a new block,
several days delay,and a lot of work.
    What should I have done?  I should have taken the pin out, drilled a
slightly undersized hole through the remaining plank, and then if necessary,
gone to a larger pin.
    There is never enough time to do some jobs right, but always enough time
to do it twice.......
REgards,
Ed Foote