asking for information

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 19:29:07 EDT

In a message dated 8/5/99 4:22:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time, you write:

<< I believe the Schimmel Piano Company in Germany prints a book called
 piano nomenclature which translates into 5 or 6 languages. >>

I have the book and yes, it is by Schimmel.  It is a good place to start but
nomenclature is not standardized from one country to the next.  However, the
words listed in Spanish are presumed to be understood and used in Spain.

The translator should plan to consult with an expert piano technician from
Spain once the translation is in a rough draft to find any misuse of terms.

Bill Bremmer RPT