Let's hear it!response & question

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 14:02:23 -0500

>Well, I don't have a contribution at this time, I'm sorry, but I
>do have a question: what do y'all do when the child care is not as
>available as one wishes?  My sitter was late this morning - I phoned the
>customer, explained & apologized, they were very nice about it and even
>said " Oh,  that's okay, bring your daughter along,"

>Kris Anderson, RPT
>Hibbing, MN

Ah yes as the self employed half of a two career marriage I am the one who
"takes the hit" when one of our two daughters is too sick to go to school,
turns ill at school, etc. It's no fun rescheduling with customers, but
unless it's a concert gig most folks are very understanding. Healthy or
sick I don't drag them along on the job.
Yes there's a loss of income, but if the kids aren't awfully ill one can do
a bit of shop or office work.

Patrick