Let's hear it!

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 02:27:08 EDT

ulrich@rangenet.com writes:

<< Question:  How do the rest of you handle "no-shows"? You know, the
 occasional people that make an appointment 50 miles away and aren't home
 when you get there?

 Roy Ulrich >>

I leave my card with a note "sorry I missed you" or I may leave a message
with my cell phone.  Most of the time my client calls and is very apologetic
and reschedules. If I do not hear from my client, I may call and if the phone
answers, I may say "did I misunderstand the time, or somehow did we not
connect?"  Not very often it is the customers ignorance.

If the no show happened in the middle of the day and I am on the other side
of town, I will call my next customer to see if I can do an earlier
apointment (often the no show may call me and I will go back and not lose any
work) or I may take the time to do some shopping, or pull over and catch a
nap.

One time I had three appointments and all three were no shows.  Only happened
once, thank God.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR