Let's hear it!

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 16:41:48 EDT

Et Al;
 There have been a few mentions of the terms "basic" and "advanced" during
this thread. We should 'all' keep in mind that something we are familiar with
and comfortable doing is "basic" to us, however that which we are not
familiar with or comfortable doing is "advanced" to us. "Basic" and
"advanced" techniques vary from tech to tech with some being well versed in
some areas and some well versed in others.  Thing is, 'both' have areas they
are not comfortable with.
  I have discovered over the years that listening to 'different' techs or
'newbies' that are outside of my normal scope of contact has ALWAYS been
beneficial in some way.
Even if the benefit is to reinforce my determination never to do that
particular  thingee that way :-)  There are no dumb questions, at least none
that haven't been asked by 'all' of us at one time.
 By all means do contribute to the list...the value is as much in the
discussion of differing points of view/techniques as in any answers that
'may' be forthcoming.
  Remember your "basic" could be "advanced" for a tech that has been in the
business full time for 25 years :-)
Another view.
Jim Bryant (FL)