I quit; the keys are on the roof

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Wed, 04 Aug 1999 07:22:20 -0500

Have you checked the cut-off/rewind valve and pneumatic?  This unit
activates when the system is thrown into rewind.  There is typically a
small pallet valve activated somewhere on the transmission.  If it is
not adjusted properly or is leaking it can cause big problems.
Essentially it cuts off the suction pressure to the stack and
by-passes the windmoter governor for rewinding the roll quickly and
without playing it backwards at the same time.  If it is stuck in the
"on" position that would explain why it is not playing.  The stack is
not getting suction from the pump.  This could really be a stumper if
you are not experienced in this sort of thing.

Rob Goodale, RPT