no shows was: Re: Let's hear it!

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 09:39:25 EDT

In a message dated 8/4/99 12:31:14 PM !!!First Boot!!!, ulrich@rangenet.com
writes:

<< Question:  How do the rest of you handle "no-shows"? You know, the
 occasional people that make an appointment 50 miles away and aren't home
 when you get there?

 Roy Ulrich

Roy:

For no shows in the metropolitan area, I call them from my cell phone,
standing on their front porch. Sometimes they are home, but didn't hear the
door bell. If they are not home, I leave a message, telling I was there, but
they weren't (I say it much nicer, but you get the point), I wait about 10
minutes and go on. I then call my next appointment and to see if I can get
there early, or I run an errand.

For those customers 50 miles away, I would suggest you solve the problem
before it becomes one. Either the night before, or first thing in the
morning, call them to make sure they are going to be there. If they still
aren't home, you can leave a bill for your time. But if they don't
voluntarily pay you, there isn't much you can do, other than taking them to
court. But you'll spend more time doing that, without a guarantee that you'll
win, much less getting your money.

Willem Blees