Let's hear it!

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Wed, 04 Aug 1999 08:03:43 -0400

Friends,

When does one move from being one of the new guys to being one of the,
um, "old" guys?  I started part-time around 1980 and went fulltime in
1992, but I still consider myself one of the rookies.

I probably perceive myself this way for two main reasons.  First, I
never had any formal training, and second, my piano knowledge seems
rather limited in scope.  Mostly I do in the field tuning and repair, so
I look up to those guys who understand all about temperaments, scaling,
complete rebuilds, fine regulation, etc.  Along with others I say thanks
for sharing your knowledge with all of us.

I've committed myself to attending two conventions each year, and
sometimes I take classes that are way over my head.  I assume that
sooner or later more of the information will make sense to me.  Even
though I'm 52, I'm not ready to stop learning, and I hope I never will
be.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA

Phil Bondi wrote:

> interesting subject, Ed.
>
> I consider myself one of the new guys, the self-proclaimed Rookie!
(snip)