tight pins

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 21:47:25 -0500 (CDT)

At 06:03 PM 8/3/99 -0700, you wrote:
> Where does one find "rolled" pins these days.
>I asked Baldwin and Fandrich and the upshot was that rolled pins are no
>longer made--that cut pins hold better.
>
>  So, if I want blued (not plated),  rolled (not cut) tuning pins, what
>vendor carries them?
>
>Carman Gentile RPT
>Redwood Chapter

I just checked my catalogs. You're right about the cut threads. I'm
apparently out of date (again). Blued pins, with cut threads, are still
listed in Schaff, American, Pianotek, and Pacific. I'm pleased to learn that
the rolled thread pins are extinct, and I can't imagine anyone will miss them.

 Ron N