Employees

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 00:15:38 EDT

In a message dated 8/2/99 2:46:55 PM !!!First Boot!!!, richardb@c2i.net
writes:

<< as long as
 the matter of partnership comes up as a suggestion, let me heartedly aggree
with
 Frank. Course you gotta get the right person to join, and you have to be
willing
 to "give away" some of your buisness to this person in order to entice the
right
 tech. But once thats done having someone to work alongside can be rewarding
and
 enlightening. I'd like to see more of this kinda thing personally. Techs are
all
 to often loners out there. I've worked with a partner for the last 5 years
and
 while sometimes we get on each others nerves, the benefits have far
outweighed
 any negatives. >>

Having a partner can be very beneficial. What I liked about it was that I had
someone else to bounce ideas off of, to discuss business plans etc.

Although a partnership can work, please do one very big, very important thing
before you get into it. (or if you are already in a partnership, get one
right a way). Draw up a disillusionment agreement. I don't care how well you
like your partner, it could even be your brother or sister, there will come a
time when the partnership will break up. When that happens, whether it breaks
up amicably, or ugly, if you have a disillusionment agreement all set up, it
will make the break up so much easier.

Trust me on this one, folks. My partner and I didn't have an agreement, and
we became bitter enemies, and I lost ten of thousands of dollars.

Willem Blees