Damper problem... any advise?

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 22:03:06 -0600

>...It was his opinion that the "damper  wires were too short".  Evidently,
>there was one damper wire that  broke about 1 year from purchase date
>which the local tuner fixed.  (I  assume.)  Now, 6 months later, another
>damper is "just sitting there  on the string, and not raising when the
>note is played"....Any thoughts out there would be well  received.  I know
>it's short notice, but...   Thanks,   Brian Trout Quarryville, Pa.
>btrout@desupernet.net

Some thoughts:

The damper wire set screws aren't tight.

The underlevers are misadjusted, thereby allowing only the ends of the
damper wires to just barely reach the the set screws, and through usuage
are coming out.

The damper wires are actually too short.

Keith McGavern
kam544@flash.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731