Nordiska

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 21:19:24 +0200

Clyde Hollinger wrote:

> Friends,
>
> Have any of you had the opportunity to look at Nordiska pianos?  If so,
> I would be interested in your opinion.  Are they a good value?  Thanks!
>
> Clyde Hollinger
>
> P.S.  I mailed a similar note a couple days ago, but apparently it never
> got through.

Nordiska is a joint Sweedish German piano made in Sweeden. I believe they
are out of buisness now. They were typical of Scandinavian pianos being very
light at touch and very bright sounding. Not a bad balance of sound either.
For small pianos they do ok. The Nordiska has one big problem tho. They are
particularily weather sick. They go out of tune real at the first sign of at
weather change. Still all and all I kinda like them given what they are
meant for. I work with them all the time here in Norway. Probably about 15%
of pianos (not grands) that I run into are Nordiska. As for the question of
value.. that always depends on what kinda dollar signs we are talking..
<grin>

Richard Brekne

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: richardb.vcf