'A minefield for the unsuspecting'

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 16:23:15 -0700

At 06:20 PM 4/11/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Susan,
>
>I'm with you on this, I think, but quite a number of list participants
>have been unduly insulting, in my opinion.  How many of us would need to
>go?  :-(
>
>Clyde Hollinger

I have considered this, actually. The reason I quit the
list for quite awhile, and totally ignored Mr. Bremmer
for months was because my outrage at what he was writing
had caused me to lose my temper too often. If anyone thinks
that what I wrote was out of line, they should have seen
what I _didn't_ send!

My suggestion below isn't, believe it or not, aimed at
just one person. It's aimed at a behavior, which so far
has come from only one person. You notice that it leaves
any action up to the judgement of whoever owns the list.
It's not a call for a referendum. If my suggestion is
taken, authority is defined and delegated, and whoever that
authority is thinks that my tendency to respond hotly to
Mr. Bremmer is an insoluble problem, I would accept their
judgement, though I might not feel happy about it.

(And I'd have that warning, which I think in my case would
be sufficient.)

Susan