Boston Parts

Don Mannino dmannino@Kawaius.com
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:40:36 -0700

David,

Thanks for writing about this! Boston is most certainly NOT a division of
Kawai! Boston Piano Co. is a division of Steinway, and they contract to
Kawai Japan to build the pianos for them.  Kawai America has no direct
dealings with the Boston pianos.

You could try purchasing some leg and lyre bolts from Kawai America (we
normally keep them in stock), but I can't say for sure if they will fit the
Boston pianos. If the Boston specifications (especially for bolt length -
legs and keybeds differ in thickness) are different, then the Kawai bolts
will not work.

Sorry, you will need to continue to work with Steinway's parts department if
you want to be sure to get a "Genuine Boston" part.

Don Mannino RPT, Manager
Kawai Piano Technical Support, US and Canada
DMannino@kawaius.com
http://www.kawaius.com