Weird Strings

Terry Beckingham Terry_Beckingham@mbnet.mb.ca
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 12:38:34 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Roger,

I have decided to bite the bullet. I have been driven nuts trying to fudge
them. All of the wound strings were whipped on the floor as per your
suggestion on the list awhile back. No problem about getting the cost from
the customer. This is a piano that I own and have reconditioned to sell.

Regarding the phasing problem, that isn't it. The beating is there even when
plucking one string.

Thanks for your help.

Terry

At 09:45 AM 4/25/99, you wrote:
>Hi Terry,
>         Bite the bullet and replace the strings, the original bass strings
>were not that good to start with. The time you spend trying to
>unsuccessfully 'fudge' the strings will drive you nuts. Just try to get the
>cost of the strings from the customer if possible?
>One trick that can help. Remove the string, and whip it on the floor
>several times, it will knock all the dirt from the winding and loosen it a
>little. Reinstall with a full twist.
>Let us know if it works.

An after thought, Is this possibly a phasing problem? ( the hammer
hitting one string harder than the other) The angle that the hammers are
bored, makes string mating critical in this register