Balance rail pins

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 16:46:50

Greetings All,
              A field tip that may help in a bind.   Out of town piano had
problems with sluggish keys, mice had made their deposits on some B/R pins
and bushings, causing some sever corrosion of the pins at the bushing
cloth. The pins really should be replaced but alas no spares. I removed the
pins and replaced them up side down, replaced the bushing cloth. Worked
like new.
P.S. I used the smooth jaws of the key easing pliers to pull the pins, no
nicks in the finish of the pins to cause other problems.
Hope this may help some one!!
Regards Roger
Roger Jolly
Balwin Yamaha Piano Centres.