rebuild with pinblock plugs

Sgwcf@AOL.COM Sgwcf@AOL.COM
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 15:07:35 EDT

I have been concerned about replacing whole sections of the open pinblock
with new pinblock stock. Years ago there were some problems with the sections
lifting out. I think that is because epoxy then was not very good for
woodworking. But I am still careful. This is why if I plug, the blocks
integrity must be first rate.  I feel that the extra gluing surface plugs
give me help in preventing this problem.  In addition, after I plug an open
face block I put on new veneer and locate the holes by taking a paper
pattern.  I realize that this option may not have been open to you.  If in
the future you need to remove one of those mortised open face blocks just
remember that the veneer on the of the case comes off with heat and patience.