rebuild

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 06:03:44 EDT

Patrcik writes:
> I am guessing that this would cost over
>a thousand dollars just to put in a new pinblock and restring.  Am I
>guessing correctly?

Greetings,
      It depends.  I know people that would reblock and restring an upright
for $1,000, and others that would charge $5,000.  If you don't know what is
involved in a job, you obviously cannot properly estimate the cost.  If you
are going to be doing something for the first time, let your customer know
that you have no experience on this particular technique.
     I would respectfully suggest that pinblock replacement experience be
gained on either your own pianos or junkers that are irrepairable before you
totally dismantle a customer's sentimental piano.
REgards,
Ed Foote