Techs in Sacremento

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:33:15 -0700

DON PRICE wrote:

> A customer of mine is moving to Sacramento.   She has inquired about the
> necessity of a dampp-chaser in her piano.  She has informed me she will be
> living at an elevation of 26 feet, so I assume she may be very close to the
> ocean.   Anyway,  any info would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> dcp@sosinc.net
> Don Price
> 816 Vickie
> Ft. Morgan  CO 80701

Don,

Sacramento is a couple of hours drive from the ocean. The city is in a
low-lying area of central Calif., hot and fairly dry in the summer and
rainy/cool in winter. The need for a Dampp Chaser system would partly
depend on the house and where in the house it would be located. The
piano would benefit from a climate control system, as most pianos would,
but there are plenty of them in Sacramento that survive just fine
without. Depends on the owner and how well in tune they'd like it kept.

But you don't have to worry about salt air, that's for sure.

--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT
Santa Cruz, CA