Need tech/shipping advice

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:12:58 EDT

In a message dated 4/21/99 9:02:31 PM !!!First Boot!!!, lafargue@iamerica.net
writes:

<< Also, is there a good reason why I should secure the action before he
 leaves i.e. strips of wood beneath the keys and tie down hammers to rail?
 What would actually happen if he doesn't get that done?  Thanks!!

 LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT >>

Yes, you should tie down the action as much as possible for a trip that long.
You might also want to see if there is a capstan screw on top of the hammer
rail that can be turned up into the pin block. All of this will keep the
action, and the parts, from shifting around.

Willem Blees.

PS I would recommend Keyboard Carriage. They do an excellent job of
transporting pianos cross country.

Wim