Damper lever lift rod replacement

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:59:37 -0400

I sent this to Warren and am also placing it here as this is a good topic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Warren,
The rod holders can be punched out and reversed or new holes
could be drilled in the rod.  The angle for the lifter flange can also be bent
the other way for 'right lift'.

Hope everything is going well,

Jon Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS  I suppose these rods can be adapted for this.

At 10:01 AM 4/21/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Please send all replies directly to me at  <fish@gs.verio.net>    I am
>not on the list right now.
>
>This piano has a right-side (treble end) lever lift rod that is mounted
>just to the right of the last damper lever (65?) rather than at the
>upper end as usual.  This is the type of rod that is notched on the
>other end to mate with the center pedal rod which is mounted on the left
>and actuates the Bass levers.  Someone apparently removed the rod for
>repair and forgot to return it.  I have, of course, contacted Wurlitzer
>and was sent a rod set that turned out be a left-actuated.  So much for
>communication!
>
>Do any of you have any right-configured rods as spares? Any length will
>do, although I would be delighted if someone had one of the short ones.
>To avoid any further mis-understandings, the one I need can be
>indentified thusly. Hold the rod with the lift hook in your right hand
>and the notched end extending to your left.  The rod hangers and the
>hook should both be sticking upward from the main length of the rod.
>
>I will be glad to pay any reasonable amount plus freight for such a rod.
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>

>Warren Fisher RPT
>New Orleans Chapter

Jon Page