回复: Hsinghai

lianqii lianqii@sy-public.ln.cninfo.net
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:16:17 +0800

The Chinese saw the first piano factory in 1875 in Shanghai,from then
on,some small piano factories appeared at Shanghai.  But they were either
foreign factories,or  small assembly factories.There was no piano--making
factory run by Chinese before 1949.
On June 1,1949, the New China Musical Instrument Factory (former of the
Hsinghai Co.) was established in Beijing and three years later(1952,not
1950),the first upright piano was made there.

The "Culture Revolution"  you mentioned began in 1966.

Hsinghai Co. (the word"Hsinghai" is also spelled as "Xinghai",,just like we
has changed  "Peking" to "Beijing") now make "Xinghai" and "Otto Meister"
pianos.

Besides piano,Xinghai Co. also make many other musical instruments.

Thank you!

Baoli  Liu
China