Yamaha Spinet...

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:04:31 -0500 (CDT)

>We got a Yamaha spinet in trade at our shop a few weeks ago, I'd guess it's
25 years old or so.  My first reaction was JUNK IT!  (Not that junking it
was even close to possible... we had a Grand Co. spinet around for over a
year with a broken plate...)

>But upon further inspection, it's not a bad piano.  It looks to have been
very well made.  Nice soundboard, nice bridges, decent action,  the only
thing wrong was the tuning pins were loose.  (We're trying out the CA
treatment on this one, just to see how it goes.  So far, so good.)

I tune one of these a couple of times a year in a hospital ward. The poor
thing's all torn up, but is basically not a bad piano at all. I was impressed.
 Ron