pianotech-digest V1997 #1649

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:12:40

Greetings Avery,
                4'10" Yamaha is coming, I saw the first production run in
Japan just two weeks ago. They are definitely competing. Your hopes are
dashed.
The A1 Yamaha at 4'11" is IMHO a wonderfull piano for it's size, the scale
designer's got a lot of things right. With a new name for the nomenclature.
A COMPACT GRAND.
Regards Roger

>>Yamaha
>
>   Careful, Mark. :-)  Kawai is making one that's 4' 9". That's getting
>awfully close. You think Yamaha might someday, too? To compete? I sure
>hope not.
>
>Avery
>
>________________________
>Avery Todd, RPT                            Beauty is in the eye
>Moores School of Music                     of the beer holder.
>University of Houston
>Houston, TX 77204-4893
>713-743-3226
>http://www.music.uh.edu/