Hsinghai

Tony Caught caute@accessnt.com.au
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 23:48:09 +0930

Hi Baoli

You Wrote

>"Hsinghai"  is made in Peking,China.
>China has four large piano factories( co.) Hsinghai Piano Co. is the
>oldest.The first China--made piano is made in Peking in 1950,at that time
we
>Chinese have no experience of piano making.Several years later,we can make
>better pianos.

Youy live in China, I don't but are you sure of what you are saying.  I was
under the impression that Shanghai was where pianos were made first in
China.
I am not sure what year that was but it was before the cultural revolution.
Actually it is a tossup who made the first pianos in your neck of the woods.
Was it China or Japan.

The old Hsinghai Piano was and is a piano that I will recommend (in fact I
have one at the moment) over many of the newer Chinese pianos.  Sure the
tone is not great, but it is still a solid playable piano which is much more
than I can say for many pianos from Canton.

Please, why do you call Beijing by the old name of Peking ?

Tony Caught  caute@accessnt.com.au