piano "keys"

Colette Collier Trohan ColetteCPP@compuserve.com
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:22:54 -0400

Several years ago I put together a key ring of keys to the most common
pianos:  Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway, etc.   I got them from the manufacturers.
  I carry it in my case.  Some of the keys fit other, or older brands, so
there are not too many pianos I can't get in to when I need to.

Another tip I discovered just today:  for a long time I have carried
several plastic grocery bags for disposing old climate control humidifier
pads.  I keep them with the replacement pads, so I just remove the old pads
quickly to the bag, put in the new ones, tie up the handles on the bag, and
ask where the trash can is.  Well, today I needed to make a pattern for
cover for an old grand.  I pulled out a bunch of those bags, cut them so
they'd lie flat, taped them together to make a big pattern, and traced the
outline of the piano with a black magic marker.  Static electricity kept
the bags REALLY flat, so I got a much better outline than if I had used
newspaper or something, and it was easier to fold, and I'll bet easier to
mail.

Colette Collier, RPT