Serious question, lightly asked

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 01:40:17 -0600

>I tell my customers (semi-seriously) that a baby grand is a piano which is
>wider than it is long...
>Gordon Wilson

Just had a new nomenclature put upon me today directly related to this thread.

Went out to inspect a 'baby upright'.  That's what the customer said.

Turned out to be a studio size Kloman and Nord that her parents bought her
when she was 8 years old.  She is now 75.

I'm adopting that name from now on for all those type pianos...

Just way too cool to let it go by the wayside...

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731