回复: Hsinghai

lianqii lianqii@sy-public.ln.cninfo.net
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 14:01:51 +0800

Hi Margret,

"Hsinghai"  is made in Peking,China.
China has four large piano factories( co.) Hsinghai Piano Co. is the
oldest.The first China--made piano is made in Peking in 1950,at that time we
Chinese have no experience of piano making.Several years later,we can make
better pianos.

In 1950's or 1960's a Chinese made piano  costs about several hundreds
Chinese Yuan-- about one hundred US $ at that time -- very cheap,but is good
enough to play.

Now, in China, a "Hsinghai" piano made about forty years ago will cost  2500
Chinese yuan at most, that is  about 280US$ now.

Is it enough? if not,please let me know!

Best regards,
Baoli Liu
Shenyang Conservatory of Music
P.R.China

-----Original Message-----
发件人: Margret Horvath <margret@pgrdc.bc.ca>
收件人: pianotech-digest@ptg.org <pianotech-digest@ptg.org>
日期: 1999年4月20日 6:50
主题: Hsinghai

I found this email during a search on the net for "Hsinghai".
I am trying to find out information on this piano I have.   It is an
upright and I don't know much more than that and that my stepfather had
it brought over from China either late 50's or early 60's.   I am
considering selling it and before I get an appraisal it is probably in
my best interest to know more about it, value etc.
Any help would be appreciated.    Thanks.
Margret