A new topic/request

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:13:34 EDT

In a message dated 4/19/1999 9:35:53 AM, Greg wrote:

<<Greetings cyber junkies,
    Has anyone out there spent any time scanning images of piano parts>>

Greg;
 I have scanned quite a few individual parts for class signs, posters etc.
and they scan really well, at least on my scanner.  The way I do it is to put
the part on the glass bed and cover it with a neutral colored cloth.  The
scans generally are very clear and the size can be adjusted so that they come
out life size. I use an Apple One Color scanner and OFOTO.
  For my use it works very well, as to whether it makes a good visual tool
for customer discussion....I don't know. Sometimes we tend to baffle our
customers, with more information than they really want or can absorb, in an
attempt to make sure they understand what we are talking about. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)