wippen heel cushion

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 15:17:53 -0500 (CDT)

>What tpye of leather?   Backcheck?   Thickness?
>Is this ah, like, a really old Knabe?
>
>I would tend to use action cloth for quietness
>sans underfelt for firmness.
>
>Jon Page

Wm Knabe sn 48530 - previous millinium survivor, leather (buckskin, like
backcheck) about .050", underfelt about the same. The heels are cut for the
underfelt, but it wouldn't be any real trouble to delete that part with a
touch to the disc sander. It wasn't particularly loud with the
leather/underfelt combination and it looks like it will take about the same
time and end up a similar thickness either way. Well, probably a little
quicker with the cloth. I may have to flip a coin.

 Ron