broken keys

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 17:09:21 EDT

In a message dated 4/17/1999 10:14:14 AM, DGH9442@AOL.COM wrote:

<<"I found similar type repairs to keys broken at the balance rail.  I
practiced
in the Mid-West (northern Indiana area) until relocating to Florida.  Most of
these type repairs were found on old player pianos.">>

DGH9442@AOL.COM;
 This/these repair(s) were not a 'schlock' job and I can't help but think
that some good tech had a very good reason for doing it this way, or as
someone said "did the best they could with what they had". In any event the
work was well done and your confirming that this was "similiar" to work done
in the Mid-West on player units testifies to the viability of the procedure
in that area. This Adam Schaff piano was made in Chicago, circa 1922, is a
nonplayer, but probably spent the first years in the general area though not
needfully so I suppose.
Thanks for your response.
Jim Bryant (FL)